Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting Excited !!!!!

I am so excited about the finalization of my (our families) conversion. It has been a very long journey , but a great journey at the same time. I have been very blessed to begin my journey with a wonderful Student Rabbi . At the same time I have been very blessed to end my journey with a very wonderful Student Rabbi. Not only will our current Student Rabbi be completing my (our) conversion she has arranged for the Student Rabbi who began my (our) journey to be there as well. So it will come full circle from beginning to end. Although this is just merely a formality for me ( my family) since I have been living my life as a Jewish woman for 3 yrs now.

None the less I am very excited that it will be finalized !!!!! It is hard to explain why this is so important to me ,but it is . For most faiths you just walk into their place of worship and say that you want to become part of their community then that is it. This journey has taught me so many things not just about others , but mostly about my self. I never realized how closed minded I was until I began this journey . Also I never realized how much I took what was taught to me at face value and when encouraged to challenge that find out it wasn't exactly the way I thought it was. I Love the peace that comes with my faith.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So happy for you and your family! I wish I could be there for any ceremony you may particpate in! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete