Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Jewish Journey Part 3

I realized reading through my post that I never finished my series on my journey. I am hoping in Part 3 to finish up to the point I am at currently in my life.

So after three meetings with the Rabbi in which he sent us with a series of books to read he agreed to begin our conversion. For the first year of our conversion we meet with him when he was in town which was 1 to 2 times a month. There were even phone calls and lots of "homework". When his time was up at our local synagogue we received a new student Rabbi. With the many things going on at our synagogue there just didn't seem to be enough time to meet with the new student Rabbi like there was with the previous one. So we continued to study on our own reading new things and rereading things we had previously read. When that year was up bringing us to our current year we are in now (2010-2011) we received another student Rabbi.

Our congregation like I have mentioned in previous post is very small. So we do not have a Rabbi with us at all time. Instead we bring in Rabbinical students from HUC so it is not uncommon to have a different Rabbi every year or so.

I (we were) was overjoyed when the newest Rabbi was eager to help us complete on conversion. Although this is not a completion to my(our) journey, it is merely an ending to a chapter. For when you go through something like this you realize it really is like you are reading through the biggest book you have ever seen. Just about the time you think you are at the end of the book you realize there are many, many more chapters. If I had to guess I am on Chapter 2 right now. Eh not to bad 3 1/2 yrs to read 2 chapters in a book = ) . I think one of the biggest things that I have learned during this journey is that life is not a race. It is merely a gentle walk among a path that is to be savored each step of the way.

Although the path that I have taken is not for everyone I believe with my whole heart it is for me. It is the right choice for my family as well . With one chapter coming to an end I am very excited to see what the next chapter holds not only for me ,but for my family !!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I get the same sort of looks:) Oh well! I truely believe you can be larget and still be fit! There are many skinny people who couldn't survive one exercise class and there are many studies dont on the subject.

    I am proud of you for finding what you know to be right for you! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should read what I type before publishing the comment, haha I meant "on the" unstead of dont and I meant "larger" instead of larget, all though that sounds like it should be a word of some kind, haha/

    ReplyDelete